We are looking for a part-time member of staff to join the Osman Consulting team at our office in Solihull, to take on a variety of financial, bookkeeping, accounting and administrative tasks. We would like a safe pair of hands with a good level of experience in similar positions. It would be particularly suited to someone with an interest in working for a humanitarian organisation, and/or someone who has experience in a business or organisation with an international reach, particularly dealing with multiple currencies in banking and reconciliation (GBP, USD, EURO).
The role will present a great opportunity for growth and development, working closely with a small team of people. The successful applicant will play a vital role in managing the organisation’s finances and keeping business running smoothly in an efficient manner.
The number of hours for the position is flexible and will be discussed and arranged during the application process, but we would hope to find someone who can commit two to three days a week, ideally who lives locally in Solihull or Birmingham.
– Liaising and being the main point of contact with the accountant, providing all necessary documentation and required data;
– Issuing and filing invoices and following up with claims on a weekly basis;
– Recording and filing expenses and receipts, issuing receipts where necessary;
– Liaising with the appropriate members of the team to approve, facilitate and make a record of outgoing payments;
– Managing payroll and having responsibility for the monthly and year-end returns to HMRC;
– Making sure Quickbooks is updated weekly and corresponds with the bank accounts; being able to solve and explain any discrepancies;
– Liaising with the accountant to ensure they issue the annual report and self-assessment reports on time;
– Ensuring that the physical and digital filing systems for financial matters are consistent and up to date;
– There will be potential for the role to expand into general and project-based budgeting.
– Experience working on bookkeeping, finances and/or accounts;
– Highly proficient with Quickbooks is essential;
– Highly proficient with all Microsoft Office programmes and other relevant computer programmes.
– Able to deal with confidential material in an appropriate manner;
– Able to multi-task and meet strict deadlines;
– Highly organised with strong time management;
– Self-motivated and ready to take initiative;
– Organised, reliable, with a strong eye for detail, and accurate with numbers;
– Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV to email@example.com – we look forward to hearing